How to get it
The SPS Events Mobile application is now available for Apple, Android, and Windows Phone devices!
You can find the SPS Events Mobile application in the Apple, Google, and Microsoft marketplaces at the following links. These links also include screenshots of the SPS Mobile application:
New Features in the latest release
We added several new features to the app in this release, including:
- Data integration with the www.spsevents.org web site!
- When an event organizer creates, updates, or deletes data in the www.spsevents.org web site the data is automatically synched into the mobile database.
- View Sponsors
- Sponsorship Level
- View Event-specific Announcements
- This provides event organizers with the ability to make global announcements specific to their event.
- An example might be something like “There is a blue car parked outside with license plate SPS-EVNT that has it’s lights on.”, or other such announcements everyone at the event needs to know about.
- View Event-specific Events and Activities
- Things like the Keynote, Lunch, and SharePint are now listed in the mobile app.
- Speaker pictures are now part of the speaker page
- Automatic user account creation and credential distribution upon event registration!
- This means that as soon as you sign up for an event on www.spsevents.org a mobile app user account and password is created and emailed to you as part of your registration confirmation.
- This reduces work on the event organizers and all of us who support the app.
- The user account allows you to log into the app to build your own personalized event session schedule which you can easily access on the main page upon login.
Features and functionality
- Cross device compatibility
- View mobile app announcements
- Browse upcoming SPS Events
- Search for upcoming SPS Events
- View individual SPS Events details including:
- Date, time, location, Bing map, link to event web site, Twitter hash tag, event contact information
- Contact an event organizer
- Submit feedback about the application
- Search and browse the sessions for each SPS Event
- Browse speaker details for each session
- Browse all the sessions a speaker is presenting
- Allow users to log into the application and personalize it for the SPS Event they are attending. This includes the following things.
- Select which SPS Events you are attending
- Browse sessions and add them to your personal schedule for a given SPS Events
- View your personal session schedule
- Add sessions to your personal email calendar
Frequently asked questions
What devices does the SPS Events Mobile application support?
The SPS Events Mobile application is available on several mobile devices including Apple, Android, and Windows Phone devices.
Why are sessions and events not showing in the app?
The SPS Events mobile application pulls data from the official SPS Events web site. If you do not see events or sessions or speakers in the app, please contact the event organizer and ask them to add the information for their event.
How can I submit feedback?
If you have a suggestion to help improve SPS Events Mobile, or you encounter what appears to be a bug, please email us and let us know.
Does SPS Events Mobile integrate with Twitter?
Right now SPS Events Mobile displays the Twitter hash tag for a SPS Event if one is known. It also includes links to the Twitter pages for speakers and sponsors. In the future, the application may support the ability to Tweet about a given SPS event directly from the application.
Does SPS Events Mobile integrate with Facebook or LinkedIn?
Currently the app includes links to the FaceBook and LinkedIn pages for sponsors.
Does SPS Events Mobile integrate with the SPS Events web sites?
Yes, it does! See the new features section above for more details.
What do I do if I cannot remember my password?
Look in the confirmation email you received when you registered for an event on the www.spsevents.org web site. If you cannot find your confirmation email send us an email from the app and we’ll work to reset your password. We can’t make any guarantees how quickly we will be able to reset your password.